AffiliationHistory Department, Sejong University, Seoul, Korea
DegreePhD in History
- No. 618 Jiphyun-guan, History Department, Sejong University, 209, Neungdong-ro, Gwangjin-gu, Seoul, Korea (05006)
Research experiences at Harvard Yenching Institute and Tokyo University.
2020: “An Inconvenient Truth”, Journal of Chinese Studies, 127.
2019: “Interpreted Manchuria”, Journal of Manchuria Studies 28.
2018:- Golcal Manchuria, Hanwool press, Seoul
2017:-“Chinese understanding on North Korea Nuclear Program and the Relationship between China and the USA”, Journal of East Asian Studies, No. 83
2016:-“Formation and Development of Asian-Pacific Studies: Linkage between the IPR and Area Studies”, The Journal of Chinese Historical Researches, No. 104
2015:-“Chinese effort to recover the sovereignty”, Journal of Modern Chinese History, No. 71
-“Dilemmas between Spear and Shield: Sino-Japanese controversy on Manchuria in 1929”, The Journal of Chinese Historical Researches, No. 98
2014:-“Sinocentrism and transportation network in the west frontier in China”, Journal of Modern Chinese History, No. 64
-“Consumption of an Expedition: Media Perceptions of Kyoto University's Expedition to Mt. Baekdu”, Acta Asiatica Varsoviensia, no. 27
2013: -“showed ‘brotherhood’ and covered ‘national interest’”, Journal of Modern Chinese History, no.59.
Honours and awards:
- 2018: Harvard Yenching Institute publication grant
- 2017: Award honour from Ministry of Culture
- 2016: Award the best paper from Association of Chinese Studies
- 2010: Reformed Leader of Korea 2010(Humanities) from Newsmaker
- 2010: Award Impressed Korean Educator from Sisa Today
- 2009: Award the best book prize from Northeast History Foundation
Research interests: Social history, Foreign relations history of Modern Asia, History